The Science of Gingerbread exhibition is inviting people to take a look at one of the largest gingerbread competitions in Southern California and, quite possibly, the world. During the exhibition, more than 200 entries will be on display.
The Science of Gingerbread experience promotes not just healthy competition, but creativity and ingenuity. Contestants will work with gingerbread in fascinating new ways to create sculptures and architectural models that are nothing less than works of art.
About the Science of Gingerbread
There are two separate parts of the Science of Gingerbread exhibition, the first being the actual competition and the second thing being the Science of Gingerbread event.
The competition itself began on November 28th and continues until December 8th, and encourages people of all ages and backgrounds to bring their gingerbread creations down to the Discovery Cube. Here, the projects can remain on the site until the exhibition is over.
There are a number of different categories that one can compete in. These include:
- Best Holiday Theme
- Best by an Organization
- Best by a Classroom
- A variety of categories for younger kids and teens decided by age
There are lots of reasons that you might want to take part in the competition.
- There are great, one-of-a-kind prizes to be won
- You will have a chance to practice engineering, mathematics, and creativity
- You will be allowed to take part in the awards ceremony where the victors of the competition will be announced
- You will have a fantastic chance to bond with family, friends, and co-workers by working together
About the Event
The event, however, is a bit different than the competition. The event, which begins on November 29th, allows for people to come to learn and share information about gingerbread. There are a number of topics that will be discovered during the event.
The daily program during the event allows people to take part in a number of different activities, such as:
- Can You Build It? This is a family-friendly competition that stakes family members against each other in a variety of constructive challenges using wooden blocks.
- Gingerbread Man Escape. In this fun activity, families can create an escape vehicle for a gingerbread man. The family that creates the vehicle which allows the gingerbread man to escape the quickest can claim the prize.
- Design a Food Model. As the name implies, kids can engineer their own food models.
- Cookie Decorating. An age-old favorite for kids and parents around the world.
- Tallest Tower Challenge. In this exciting competition, kids and families will compete to build the tallest tower. The catch? The only building materials will be spaghetti and marshmallows. This challenge is only available on weekends.
Last year’s event led to the development of some pretty crazy gingerbread contraptions, so it’s going to be exciting to see what the population can churn out this year.
The Science of Gingerbread is a fantastic family-oriented activity that allows people of all ages to engage in some constructive – and tasty – competition. In addition to gingerbread house building, a number of activities will be available for everyone to participate in.