The Petersen Auto Museum is one of the world’s leading automotive museums. Petersen is considered by many to be one of the centralized locations in which individuals, developers, technicians, and history buffs can celebrate automotive history and culture.
The mission of the Petersen Auto Museum is to help explore, present, and cater to the history and development of the automobile. They intend to chronicle the effects that the automobile industry has had on Los Angeles and the world abroad.
Priding itself as a progressive center for automotive research, collecting, and education, the Petersen Auto Museum is a fantastic place for anyone who is interested in learning about the history of vehicles.
You can enter the Petersen Auto Museum in a number of ways. You can purchase general admission tickets to the museum, or you can join as a member. Membership provides you with a number of benefits that are not afforded to guests with general admission tickets.
These are the different prices, benefits, and details involved in each different form of admission.
General Admission Tickets
For anyone hoping to book general admission tickets for the Petersen Auto Museum, the prices are as follows.
- For adults, $16
- For seniors, $14
- For children, $11
However, general admission tickets do not include a guided tour of the Vault. The Vault is the largest public guided automotive tour in America, and a trip to the museum wouldn’t really be complete without experiencing the Vault.
The prices for the Vault tour are a bit more expensive. However, each Vault Tour ticket also includes general admission. Vault Tour and general admission ticket prices are as follows:
- For adults, $44
- For seniors, $42
- For children, $39
Membership and Membership Benefits
Membership is acknowledged as being the best way to enjoy all of the benefits of the Petersen Auto Museum. Members receive admission to the Petersen Museum, in addition to partner museums. They can also enjoy a number of discounts and additional benefits not accorded to guests with regular admission passes.
Additional Admission Benefits
- Members will be able to enjoy unlimited standard admission to the museum for a year, allowing them to enjoy new exhibits without having to pay again.
- Members receive free admission to partner museums
- A 10% discount at the Petersen Retail Store
- A 10% discount at the Drago Ristorante
- Discounts or potentially free access to dozens of events, receptions, and movies hosted by the museum on an annual basis
- One free parking pass, valued at $16
Members also get to enjoy:
- Access to the member express lane.
- A free subscription to the Petersen e-newsletter.
- 500,000 in-game credits to the Forza Motorsports game, as well as invites to exclusive Xbox online events.
- The chance to preview certain exhibitions and enjoy early access
Prices for memberships vary depending on what you’re interested in.
- Annual membership for 1 adult is $90.00
- Annual ‘dual’ membership for 1 adult and 1 guest is $114
- Annual family membership for 2 adults and 2 children is $168.00. Additional children can be added to the membership for $12
- Annual ‘friends & family’ membership for 2 adults, 2 children, and 2 guests is $240
- Annual ‘Checkered Flag’ membership, which provides travel benefits, visits to private collections, day tours, rallies, and special events, will cost $1700